Mozilla Firefox is one of the most effective and a popular browser in the market today and the best thing is its absolutely free for around a variety of users be its Windows, MAC, smartphones or Tablet. One of the reasons for its growing popularity is- Firefox is pretty easy to download, install and use. However the browser still encounters with faults & errors that must be rectified to get it working fine & smooth.
In this post we have listed some troubleshooting tips to rectify any error troubling you in between. Most problems with Firefox can be fixed by these troubleshooting methods though you can always call Mozilla Firefox Customer Support Number to reach our expert technicians to resolve an issue for you.
Step 1: Restart your computer
If you are finding your Mozilla suddenly crashed or become non-responsive in between, all you can do is a restart. Sometimes problems can be fixed by simply restarting your computer and then starting the browser again. Call us toll free at 1-800-358-0071 Mozilla Firefox Tech Support if the problem is not getting rectified to occur frequently even after restart.
Step 2: Clear your Browser Cookies & Cache
Many problems with loading web pages can be resolved just by clearing Firefox’s cookies and cache. To do this:
- Click the Library icon, click History and select Clear Recent History.
- In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything.
- Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.
- Select both Cookies and Cache.
- Click Clear Now.
- You are done; start with your Firefox now.
Step 3: Restart Firefox in Safe Mode
Opening your browser in Safe Mode will disables all extensions, turns off hardware acceleration, and uses default toolbar settings, theme and controls. This in turn let your Firefox work absolutely fine & smooth. To start Firefox in Safe Mode:
- Click the menu button, click Help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
- In the Firefox Safe Mode dialog that appears, click Start in Safe Mode.
- Check whether previous errors still occurs in the browser while in Safe Mode.
- If the problem persists in Safe Mode, go on to the next step.
Step 4: Uninstall & Reinstall Firefox
If the problem is still not fixed there may be an issue with one or more Firefox program files. To resolve this, you must uninstall and then re-install Firefox. Follow these steps to completely remove and reinstall Firefox. If you are looking to resolve errors for your Thunderbird, call us for support via Mozilla Thunderbird Mail Tech Support number absolutely toll free for USA, Canada, UK & Australia.
- Download the latest official version of Firefox
- Click the Firefox menu, then click Exit.
- Uninstall Firefox from your computer.
- Delete the Firefox program folder, which is located in one of these locations by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Reinstall Firefox
- Now start Firefox and check to see if your problem has been fixed.
Step 5: Refresh Firefox
Refreshing Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring your Firefox profile to its default state. Refresh Firefox button directly following these steps:
- You can find a Refresh Firefox button at the top of the Firefox about icon.
- To continue, click Refresh Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close to refresh itself. When finished, a window will list your imported information.
- Click Finish and Firefox will open.
Step 6: Create a new Firefox profile
Try creating a new, additional profile which will not contain any of your old Firefox data. Check if firefox is working fine with this new profile, if not contact Firefox Browser Support Number to check other issues your Firefox may be facing.
Call Mozilla Firefox Customer Support Number| 1-800-358-0071
If you are still facing issues/errors with your Mozilla Firefox Browser, we recommend you to call our Mozilla Firefox Helpline Number available absolutely toll free for USA, UK Canada & Australia. We have a well-versed team of technicians who offer the best Mozilla Firefox Customer Support resolving every single query of customers related to any browser. Just note down our Mozilla Firefox Support Number (S) below:
Disclaimer: We are an independent provider of remote technical support for software and peripheral devices. We have no affiliation with any of third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. We collect information from the user but we never share the information to other parties. This information is so valuable for us. The use of any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names is for informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement by us or vice versa. If you find any kind of deceitful things present on our website then please inform us.